BMB Sending Super Smiles
From local food banks to sending cookies to our soldiers overseas, we're committed to supporting in a variety of ways that best represent our values. Being in business for over 60 years, we recognize that our local community is vital to the success of Butter Maid Bakery. Without you, we would not be here baking, and supporting is our way of saying Thank You!
Please send your request in writing to the address below at least 6 weeks prior to the date of the event. Events submitted less than 6 weeks ahead are not eligible, and additional time is appreciated. We want to give every event requested an equal opportunity and consideration, which means we need time for the selection process.
While we would love to participate in events all over the country, we can only consider requests in our town of Youngstown, Ohio and surrounding area.
We give back to the community in a variety of ways including:
- Support to local food banks
- Gift cards
*We no longer support with baked good donations.
We receive a large quantity of requests that well exceed our budget. Even though many requests are for worthwhile organizations and causes, we regret we can't respond to most requests with a gift.
Because resources are limited, we reserve our support for groups, causes and events best representing Butter Maid Bakery's values, and that make a significant impact in our community. We base our decisions on the following:
- Is your organization clearly a non-profit or charitable 501(C)3?
- Is your request coming from an organization that will improve the health, education, environment, cultural, or civic vitality of our community?
We do not support, or no longer support due to limited resources:
- Requests from or for specific individuals or memorials
- Endowment, capital or annual operating fund drives
- Beauty pageants and talent contests
- Government, religious, fraternal, alumni, trade, professional or social organizations
- Political or partisan organizations, candidates, or organizations established to influence legislation or specific elections
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender or national origin
How To Submit
Please make sure the written request includes what is needed, what you will do with it, and who will benefit. Please make sure to include all contact info of the person in charge of receiving the donation, including a mailing address.
Butter Maid Bakery
Attn: Charitable Donations
425 Boardman Canfield Rd
Boardman, OH 44512
*Requests made by phone, email/social media, or in person at the retail location will not be accepted.
What To Expect Next
Acceptance/decline status is not available. Employees at the retail location, phone, email/social media, do not manage donations. If selected, you will be contacted. If you are not contacted by 2 weeks prior to the event, it unfortunately has not been selected. We sincerely thank you for considering Butter Maid Bakery to participate, and wish the very best for your event!